DIY take 3.
One of my favorite things to do is find things lying around the house and turning them into something wearable again! This fall one of the big trends are DENIM SHIRTS / JACKETS. So i thought how could i revamp this into something I could wear casually and on a night out... here it is!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Denim shirt similar styles HERE
3. Needle & Thread or Sewing machine (I sew by hand)
4. Spikes/Studs -optional to add your own twist
5. Ruler & Marker
1. Take your denim shirt and turn it inside out. (inside should be darker)
2. Take a marker and ruler and align it to how large you want the hole to be. I did mine right above the second button just to be safe (eek!)
3. Carefully take your scissor and cut along the line and try to be as neat as possible to avoid fringes !
4. Repeat steps on both sides and make sure each line is even to the other! Finally turn shirt right side out and it should look something like this! I personally haven't had the chance to sew in the seams so it there is a clean line, but you can easily fold over the line you cut on and sew to make it look like you bought the shirt with natural cut outs!
Pair this beauty with some leggings and fall booties
Tuck it into a maxi skirt ( I used a maxi dressed turned into skirt ) like this!
LOVE this look!